Field Application Engineer (Latest)
- The job is based in Singapore. The individual is expected to support the Sales & Marketing team, including the channel, to create demand for DenseLight products through application support. This role will act as a bridge between the customer & the internal DenseLight team. The role will interface with customers and help them resolve design issues related to the use of our product. This role will also to help understand, through customer interface the market demands, potential growth and determine who are potential key customers & competitors. The person is then expected to work with the Sales Manager, as well as internal product & NPI team, to help formulate DenseLight’s strategy to develop the right products to drive the identified revenue growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop specialist knowledge in photonics with respect to DenseLight’s products, in Datacom & fibre sensing applications, and will be seen by customers as the first expert to call to resolve their issues.
- Support the sales team & channel partners to understand & help resolve customer application issues, either through email/phone or site visits, and help win designs. The individual is expected to help resolve customer issues in a manner that is consistent with DenseLight’s strategy & financial goals
- Review special product requests from customers, and work with internal engineering teams to determine technical feasibility, and then work with the sales team to determine if request meets revenue guidelines, and if yes, work with customer & internal team to deliver the solution.
- Generate knowledge base on product usage gained through working with customers, and publish this as application notes on the web page.
- NPI – understand how products are used, and work with the sales team & the channel to drive demand creation through design in support
- Ensure all field documentation (data sheets, application notes) is available for new products, and provide training to the internal sales team as well as the channel
- Own the sales funnel, work towards building a robust pipeline. Ensure on time execution of action items, and move customers from initial stage to design win.
- Design and maintain a ticketed query system, where customer’s questions are answered in a timely manner, and help build a FAQ data base.
- For specific markets, be proactive in
a. Analyse market & trends
b. Understand the key success factors to penetrate those specific markets
c. Understand the system building blocks and the areas in which DenseLight can participate in
d. Generate a list of key competitors
e. Generate a list of key “must win” customers
- Recommend DenseLight’s product strategy to penetrate and win in those markets
Measure of Performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management within the organization
- Technical & Application
- Ability to understand system level building blocks and functions
- Understand how Denselight products work, and able to use that knowledge to help customers design
- Formulate and deliver market penetration strategy that is easy to understand and implement
- Minimum Education
- Master / Degree in Photonics or Telecommunication
- Minimum Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role or a field customer facing role
- Specific Knowledge / Skills
- Possesses good communication skills and the ability to coordinate cross-functionally with internal and external stake holders.
Be Part of Our Team
We are ready to lead you into the future of light no matter where your business operates.