Principal Engineer (Optoelectronics Device Development)
- Preferably trained in Japan
- Design and develop both optoelectronics devices and integrated photonics sub-system platforms. Devices includes but not limited to SOA, gain chips, SLEDs, FP lasers, DFB lasers (CW and DML) and electro-absorption modulator/laser. Photonics integrated platforms includes but not limited to photonics integrated circuits, Silicon-based integrated platforms, standard/custom packaged modules, as well as photonics systems such as external cavity lasers to meet design goals and requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform simulation of optoelectronic devices (CrossLight, ALDS, Optiwave), optical ray tracing (Zemax, Optalix), thermal (Solidworks) and electrical (5Spice) properties of optoelectronics devices
- Design and analysis of optoelectronics device epi growth, wafer fabrication process integration, mask design integration, device functionality and reliability performance characterization and test results.
- With reference to state-of-art competitors, simulated performance and data-mining internal test-results data-base, you will refine the design, fabrication specifications, and simulation model and parameters to optimize fit between design and measured outcomes.
- Report generation of design and simulation outcome with support of experimental data, where available
- Build up database of optoelectronics device design white papers, and management of all design documentation repository
- Responsible for leading/co-leading programs with a number of major global players in the development of photonic integration solutions to support the Silicon Photonics platform for datacom and sensing applications.
- Development will be beyond simplex monolithic integration with regrowth for spot size converters and array devices, towards multiple functionality PICs incorporating active devices of lasers, modulators and detectors with passive devices of waveguides, polarizers, MMI splitters and optical filters.
- Development of multiple functionality PICs designed to be compatible to Silicon Photonics to form a larger scale integrated System-on-a-Chip component.
- Responsible for the development and optimisation of optical devices (such as SOA, gain chip, CW DFB, DML DFB, EAM and EML) with high optical and environmental performance that incorporates multiple platform integration capabilities for communications and sensing applications.
- All other reasonable duties, as assigned
- Minimum Education
- Masters/PhD (in semiconductor based light emitting optoelectronics preferred)
- Specific Knowledge / Skills
- Minimum 8 years’ working experience with technical background in optoelectronics and wafer fab processes in optical laser component, photonics device system and sub-system
- Proven working experience in optoelectronics design and program/project management in the manufacturing industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven organizational skills and multi-tasking skills
Be Part of Our Team
We are ready to lead you into the future of light no matter where your business operates.