DenseLight’s gain chips are designed to provide high optical gain in the C-band & O-band range wavelength range. These devices are designed and fabricated in our wafer fab. These gain chips act as the laser gain source in an external cavity laser system. The gain chip is delivered is available either in chip form or on a sub mount, with high reflectivity (HR) coating on the normal back facet and low reflectivity anti-reflecting (AR) coating on the angled front facet.
With the the advent of Photonic Integration applications, these chips can customized to be flip chip onto through a Silicon Photonics platform, and the out mode mode can be customized to provide maximum coupling efficiency create an external cavity laser.
Features & Performance:
- High optical gain in C-band
- Optical coating of HR/AR on facets
- Angled front facet for back-reflection suppression
- Excellent beam divergence for coupling to fiber
- P-side up assembly electrode configuration
- Designed as laser gain source for external cavity laser system
- Customizable for Silicon Photonics application
We are ready to lead you into the future of light no matter where your business operates.