Senior Process Engineer (MOCVD)
- To develop and maintain MOCVD epigrowth and related processes and capabilities aligned to company’s technology and product roadmap, and also aligned to and integrated with in-house manufacturing capabilities and outsource.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate MOCVD planetary reactor system and perform InGaAsP/InAlGaAs/InP epitaxial growth and regrowth runs as per specified layer structure for both production and NPI development projects, including both in-situ growth monitoring and post-growth characterization of photoluminescence, XRD rocking curve, ECV doping profile and others
- Spearhead development, management and execution of all MOCVD epigrowth engineering and development activities of optoelectronics and photonics integrated circuits to meet NPI design goals and requirements
- Improve MOCVD epigrowth process quality indices and systems such as Line Yield and Statistical Process Control, and manage process change control
- Set up quality program for epigrowth runs, including creation and maintenance of control documentation of work instructions and process documentations, establishing process control and training of engineers
- Track all MOCVD related material usage and drive cost reductions
- Plan and ensure execution of scheduled maintenance together with the maintenance team
- Ensure uptime of MOCVD epitaxial growth and characterization equipment
- Lead in assessment and execution of reliability and process qualification of new MOCVD related materials, such as substrates, growth sources, scrubber solutions and so on
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned; participate in special projects as required
- Provide training and guidance to junior engineers
- Regular reporting on process engineering and improvement updates
- Overall in-charge of Environment, Health and Safety system of the MOCVD system and related material characterization tools
- All other reasonable duties, as assigned
- Minimum Education
- Minimum Experience
A minimum 5 years of experience in MOCVD epigrowth process for III-V materials and based on planetary reactor systems with extensive experience in manufacturing/ process development, operations management in the field of photonics, semiconductors, telecommunications, company with similar or larger size and market capitalization.
- Specific Knowledge / Skills
Possesses strong communication skills and the ability to coordinate cross-functionally with R&D, Quality and Operations,
Understanding process validations. Experience using Lean Manufacturing tools.
Knowledge of up-to-date production and automation equipment, processes, designs and functions